A semi-permanent gloss is a perfect way to experiment with hair color because it only deposits pigments within the cuticle layers so it shampoos out within 6 to 8 washes. A semi-permanent gloss also adds shine and coats the hair shaft, thus protecting your hair from heat-induced damage.
Hair | Tips | hair shaft
Before you comb, style, or apply heat to your hair, here are 5 facts about hair and water that you should know:
1. Hair consists of 10 to 13 percent water, even when it is dry.
2. Wet hair has 100 percent moisture level.
3. Hair can absorb 30 percent of its weight in water.
4. Hair is more vulnerable when wet because the hydrogen bonds that reinforced it have been broken.
5. Water boils at 212 degrees Fahrenheit.
Blow dryers, curling irons, and hot rollers can reach up to 390 degrees, flatirons around 450 degrees, and pressing combs nearly 500 degrees. In other words, heated styling tools can boil the water inside of your hair shaft, so use with caution.