Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Urban Salon Finder?
- What is Urban Salon Finder's mission?
- What is "black hair"?
- What is a top-notch salon?
- I am a stylist who works out of his/her home. I do not have a commercial salon. Can I be added to the Urban Salon Finder directory?
- My hair salon is located within another salon--will it be added to Urban Salon Finder?
- I added a salon to be listed on USF—how long does it take to appear in the directory?
- I added a salon--why hasn’t it appeared on your directory?
- My salon is NOT top-notch--will it be added to Urban Salon Finder?
- How can I edit or update the listing for my salon?
- How do I report incorrect information, a closed salon, a home-based salon, a salon that is not top-notch, or a salon that doesn’t do black hair?
- How do I advertise on Urban Salon Finder?
- What type of person uses Urban Salon Finder?
- How can I help the Urban Salon Finder community?
- How long is a review posted on Urban Salon Finder?
- I am a stylist--can I review myself?
- Who is the owner/creator of Urban Salon Finder?
Urban Salon Finder is the number one directory of top-notch salons for black hair.
Urban Salon Finder's mission is to only list the top-notch salons for black hair. There are a lot of salons that CLAIM that they do black hair, but which ones are actually good enough for an A-list client like you? We want you to feel confident that a salon listed on Urban Salon Finder is one of the best in town. We strive to be a trustworthy and accurate directory by moderating and researching all user contributed information daily and adding, removing, and updating listings accordingly.
Black hair is a general term that Urban Salon Finder uses to describe beautiful and kinky/curly textured hair—for example, the hair type of many people of African-American, African, Puerto Rican, or Dominican descent, to name just a few. Black hair is usually relaxed, flat-ironed, blown out with a dryer, worn curly or natural, or styled in locs, braids, or with extensions.
A top-notch salon is one that…
- Provides excellent, gentle, and caring service
- Has professional and friendly stylists and staff.
- Has a clean and pleasant salon atmosphere.
- Has easy to schedule appointments.
- Provides punctual service that is completed in a timely manner.
- Has stylists that cut/trim hair as requested.
- Has prices that are straightforward and consistent.
- Has a receptionist or assistant to answer phone calls during service.
Unfortunately, not at this time. To ensure the accuracy and consistency of our directory and prevent duplicate listings, Urban Salon Finder attempts to only list the name, location and information of the actual brick and mortar hair salon. Check out our Mobile Hairstylist Listing FAQ's to see if this listing is right for you.
You should see your listing within 7 days, but sometimes it can take longer. We will add your listing as soon as possible. If you provided an email address with your submission, we will notify you when your listing is active.
Either because the salon does not fit the criteria of USF or we are still in the process of verifying the information.
Please contact us and let us know. All reports are taken very seriously, and negative information can result in the removal of a salon listing. Urban Salon Finder aims to be a reliable and trustworthy directory and appreciates the integrity, helpfulness, and accuracy of our users.
A person who wants to find a top-notch hair salon that services black hair--an exceptional salon that goes above and beyond, for example, by pampering you with scalp massages or offering refreshing cucumber water or a beverage. The best salon in town that provides…
- Excellent, gentle, and caring service
- Professional and friendly stylists and staff.
- A clean and pleasant salon atmosphere.
- Easy to schedule appointments.
- Punctual service that is completed in a timely manner.
- A stylist that cuts/trims hair as requested.
- Prices that are straightforward and consistent.
- A receptionist or assistant to answer phone calls during service.
If you know of a top-notch salon that services black hair that is not currently listed on Urban Salon Finder, you can submit the information through our Add a Salon page, or if you have received service at one of the salons already listed on Urban Salon Finder, you can add a review that will provide valuable information for many people. With your help, we can feature the best and weed out the rest.
A review is posted on Urban Salon Finder for two years.
USF will only post reviews submitted by clients of the salon. If you are a stylist or salon owner and would like to feature more infomation about your salon and services, please visit the Salon Owners/Stylists page.
USF was created and is owned by J.G., an African-American woman, website builder, and hair/ fashion specialist.